[postgis-users] Comparing two WKT... howto?

Luigi Pirelli l.pirelli at acsys.it
Thu Nov 18 02:17:34 PST 2004

Hi,

I've this problem, I've to compare two WKT strings (first extracted bye
spatial_ref_sys PostGis table and second from g.proj -wf Grass commad).

They differ in format but they refer to the same projection (e.g ellipsoy could
expressed by symbolic name or geometric parameters)

There's applications of library that help to compare them?

could be simplest to compare PROJ4 strings (+format)?

Thanks for your help.

See you

Luigi Pirelli
www.riade.net
www.acsys.it

Developing:
1) Qgis to Grass Mapset plugin extraction
2) Qgis Grass Query editing on a customised Postgis DB
3) Qgis project to NVIZ Time Series XML format
4) NVIZ Time Series managing - KeyFrame Editing
6) NVIZ Flythrough mode