[postgis-users] Maximum depth of sub-queries

Mark M fosters4all at beer.com
Fri Nov 26 04:49:38 PST 2004

Hi all,

I'm using postgresql/postgis/maplab for mapping. I have a query that works as a psql line command but when I transfer it into a map file I don't see an image nor an error message. Maybe my query is too intense any ideas?

Successful query;

select the_geom from (select * from (select locn_coord as the_geom, locn AS name,
lm_oid as oid, avg(obs_value) as phosphorous from
pwqmn.water_quality_view where obs_fk=10 GROUP BY locn_coord, lm_oid,
locn) AS foo WHERE phosphorous<0.02 ) as foo2;

Unsuccessful mapping statement;

CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
DATA "the_geom from (select * from (select locn_coord as the_geom, locn AS name,
lm_oid as oid, avg(obs_value) as phosphorous from
pwqmn.water_quality_view where obs_fk=10 GROUP BY locn_coord, lm_oid,
locn) AS foo WHERE phosphorous<0.02 ) as foo2 USING UNIQUE oid USING SRID=-1"

TIA,
Mark