[postgis-users] installing postgis on Mandrake 10

Darren Houston dhouston at beyondcompliance.ca
Tue Oct 12 19:30:58 PDT 2004

Hello Gustavo,

I run PostGIS, QGIS, Grass, OpenEV, GeoServer... and all the rest on Mandrake
10.0. I haven't installed MapServer on Mandrake 10.0, but I did install it
from source a long time ago when RedHat 8 was new, so things may come back to
me. I have some RPM's and documentation that should help you out. Write back
with a list of what you want to run and I'll see what I can do to help you.
Compiling all the GIS stuff from source and getting it to work together
nicely is a real pain (especially devel stuff with their dependency
differences). I've done it a couple of times, so it is becoming easier for
me. Mandrake 10.0 is not a popular distro for GIS RPMs.

Darren H.