[postgis-users] SRID utilities?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 20 12:59:44 PDT 2004

Craig Miller wrote:
> Is there an easy way to determine the appropriate SRID if you know the
> datum, projection, etc?  Or is perusing the spatial_ref_sys table the
> simplest way right now?

Craig,

If you are working on Windows (and have Microsoft Access) you can download
the EPSG .mdb file which includes lots of fancy search dialogs for finding
coordinate systems.  I generally just search on likely types of names in a
text editor in a text file dump of the spatial_ref_sys table or equivelent.

Best regards,