[postgis-users] Windows build of GEOS 2.x

TECHER Jean David davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 22 23:53:20 PDT 2004

Hi

For geos build instructions on win32 (without cygwin)   see this link:

http://techer.pascal.free.fr/postgis/postgresql800beta2/how_to/postgis.html

or else Marc Cave Ayland has made a binary distribution which includes
geos.dll

available at http://www.webbased.co.uk/mca/

download PostGIS 0.9.0+ CVS/GEOS 2.0.1/PROJ 4.4.8 (~2.4Mb)

and found a few questions regarding building on windows but didn't find
any reports of success.

QGIS now uses GEOS to identify and select features and we plan to
incorporate more functionality as well. This works fine on Linux of
course but I am in need of a GEOS build on WIN32.

Comments, suggestions, help, and DLLs welcomed!

Thanks,
-gary

Gary Sherman
http://mrcc.com