[postgis-users] postgis.sql giving error on libgeos

David Bitner bitner at macnoise.com
Tue Oct 26 10:40:57 PDT 2004

Alright, I'm getting there bit by bit.  Cpp was out of my path, that solved
that problem.  Now when I run postgis.sql, I get the following error:

psql:postgis.sql:47: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:postgis.sql:47: ERROR:  could not load library
"/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpostgis.so.0.9": ld.so.1:
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: libgeos.so.2: open failed: No such
file or directory

When I do an ldd on libpostgis.so.0.9, it finds all the libraries it needs
there.  libgeos.so.2 is located where I designated in the Makefile.

One of these days, I'll get up and running...