[postgis-users] Problems with GeomUnion

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Thu Apr 7 16:43:20 PDT 2005

> 1) What tool did you use to find that?

JUMP (http://www.jump-project.org/project.php?PID=JUMP&SID=OVER)  has a
Validation tool which can find geometry validation errors.  You can just
cut and paste WKT into layers in JUMP, and then validate them.  JUMP
uses JTS, which is the Java API which the GEOS engine in PostGIS is
based on.

> 2) Is there a way to test shapes for validity in PostGIS?  Like an
> isvalid() function?

Yep - but I'm no PostGIS expert.  Others on the list can help with this,
I'm sure.

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.      www.vividsolutions.com
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street Victoria, B.C. V8T 5G5