[postgis-users] postgis solaris

Andrew Seales andrew.seales at ed.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 02:35:12 PDT 2005

Ibrahim HIDIR wrote:

> Postgis installation requires source of postgresql, so i tyried to use
> the sourse but i am getting always tons of errors. What can I do?

I had a lot of fun with this on Solaris 8 a while ago. The first thing
to make sure is that you're using the GNU gcc with the GNU linker and
not Sun's own. Postgres will compile okay as long as you don't add in
too many optional extras, but Postgis will have problems talking to the
geom library since the Solaris linker doesn't have enough support for
exporting symbols from libraries.

I can't really say more than this without any more details of the exact
error messages.

--
Andrew Seales

EDINA                   tel: +44 (0) 131 651 3872
Edinburgh University    fax: +44 (0) 131 650 3308
Main Library Building   url: http://edina.ed.ac.uk
George Square           email: andrew.seales at ed.ac.uk
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ