[postgis-users] RC6 + ArcObjects

Abe Gillespie abe.gillespie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 15:49:52 PDT 2005

Ok, I've now reproduced the problem with ODBC.  The data that comes
from the server as a byte array - in code - is different from what's
actually in the database.  I compare values by looking at the hex
representation in the debugger and the values in pgAdmin Query (and
also the sql script generated by shp2pgsql to double-check).

I believe this sufficiently removes the possibility of the problem
being in Npgsql or ArcObjects.  So I gather it's either in
PostgreSQL's ability to xmit the correct data or a problem with the
asbinary() func.

I'm running RC6 with the latest Windows install of Postgres.  I tested
against my Linux install and was having problems there too.  But
Postgres and PostGIS are rather old on my Linux box anyhow.

I'm not sure where to go from here.  Please let me know if I can help.

-Abe