[postgis-users] newbie WITHIN query

Alec Brecher alec at eresearchresources.com
Thu Dec 1 06:35:25 PST 2005

I have searched the docs and am still a bit confused....

I have successfully (I think) loaded a set of Washington State polygons
into a table with SRID 2285 (NAD83 ftUS Washington North).

When I try to test WITHIN with a point which I know is within one of the
polygons:
SELECT district,
   WITHIN( pointFromText('POINT(-122.916725 47.046528)',2156), the_geom)
FROM dist

all districts return false. I have tested this point in MapInfo with the
same projections and find the point within district 22.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  -Alec
--
Alec Brecher
AtomD / E Research Resources