[postgis-users] PostGis 8.1 - error with "using unique"

jerome jerome.caba at vanoise.com
Fri Dec 2 00:43:03 PST 2005

Hello David,

>Hum...it seems that your geometry_columns' table is not updated for alpages' table.
>First of all, as U did a backup from a PostgreSQL 8.0.3, did U so try to backup the table
>
>geometry_columns in your sql file too ..???

Yes

> vacuum full analyze;

I've tested vacuum full analyze too, in vain

I've also created a new db, clean. I've imported a shp, I've created a
gist index on the_geom column and tried the sames queries :

select * from comespvanregion  as foo using unique gid
-> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "using" at character 41

select * from com_esp_van_region  as foo using unique
geometry_columns.srid using SRID=27582
-> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "using" at character 41

select * from com_esp_van_region  as foo using unique the_geom
-> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "using" at character 41

If I try "select * from com_esp_van_region  as foo", It's works with
pgAdmin & SQL manager, but my php script returns an error because it
wants an OID column, that's not exist. With pgsql8.0.3, It works
perfectly. Have you any idea of what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help and for your ressources on your web site for
postgis. It's very helpfull.

Jérôme Caba
Gis Manager
National park of Vanoise