[postgis-users] Postgis JDBC Driver update

Johan Wehtje genwolf at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 20:44:23 PST 2005

I have for some weeks now been trying to track down why i have not been able
to get Postgis working with Udig and have managed to determine that the
problem appears to lie with the Postgis JDBC driver which I think is the
same as the Jump Plugin.

I have not yet built the Latest version from CVS as as I have to first
install a JDK. I don't know how much work has been done since the release of
the Postgresql 7.4 compatible release, but with both Udig and Jump dpending
on this driver to use Postgis it would be nice to see it updated to support
8.x Postgresql and 1.0.x Postgis and a ready built Jar made available.

Cheers
Johan Wehtje