[postgis-users] Function dos not exist

Kris Nackaerts knackaerts at gmx.net
Sun Dec 4 01:08:27 PST 2005

Dear,

The first time I use PostGis. I created a simple table with X,Y,Z
coordinates and uploaded 20milj records. Now, i need to create spatial
points.

I altered the table via pgAdminIII and added a field of type POINT

Next, I try to update that field as:

update dtm_point set mypoint=MakePoint(x,y);

or

update dtm_point set mypoint=geometryfromtext('POINT('||x||' '||y||')',-1);

In both cases I get the error that the function does not exist

As you might see, I'm new to postgis. I tried Google for some hints.

Any clue is welcome.

Kris