[postgis-users] ANN: zigGIS .02 "Gabber" Released

Abe Gillespie abe.gillespie at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 11:05:00 PST 2005

The latest version of zigGIS has just landed.  This release includes,
among a few other things, an actual working version!  Hurray!  The
biggest problem with the last release was trying to get it working
with a broken version of Npgsql.  I've included a patched Npgsql.dll.

With the Gabber release you should now be able to easily add PostGIS
layers.  I've written a simple button and GUI to accommodate this.
Get your very own version here:

http://avoir.uwc.ac.za/projects/ziggis/

There's really only one more main task before zigGIS is actually
professionally useful (in the viewing only sorta way).  That is, of
course, if you ignore the distinct lack of error checking.  That task
being the implementation of saving / restoring of zigGIS / PostGIS
layers.  This is the first identifiable task where I think someone
else could easily jump in and contribute.  I even have another project
I worked on that should completely exemplify how to implement this.

I know there are a few of you who have expressed interest in
contributing programming help.  I'm not ignoring you.  Please get in
touch with me if you're still interested.

Thanks.  Good luck.  And enjoy.
-Abe