[postgis-users] postgis 1.x doesn't work with mapserver at all?

"R. Müller" r.mueller at unicomp-berlin.de
Tue Dec 13 00:56:07 PST 2005

hi,

there are significant changes in dataformat in version 1.x.
you have to recompile your mapserver against the new postgis-libs.
there is definitly no generell problem with postgis 1.x and mapserver
4.x. i'm running mapserver 4.6 and postgis 1.0.1 on my machine.

ronald

Zhiqiang Zhang wrote:
> Anyone ever tried to use mapserver 4.x with postgis
> 1.x together? It looks like mapserver can't draw the
> geometry returned from the postgis DB. I have exactly
> the same mapserver pointing to old postgis (0.8) and
> postgres 7.x. It works fine. The data is simply a road
> data, generated from shp2pgsql, multilinestring is the
> geometry type. Debugging the mapserver code shows that
> mappostgis.c's foree_to_lines() is ignoring the
> shapes returned from postgis because its type is not
> 2(linestring) and 3(polygon), but 5. So the shape gets
> ignored and not drawn. The thing that really puzzles
> me is why the same mapserver works for old postgis but
> not the new postgis.

*M-Unicomp GmbH
*
*Ronald Müller