[postgis-users] Crashed Server with exteriorring()

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Mon Dec 19 01:29:08 PST 2005

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 02:27:03PM -0500, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> While trying various random queries to test out how things work I ran
> into this problem.
>

> select exteriorring(geometryn(the_geom,1)) from county where gid=1398;
> 	This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> 	before or while processing the request.

Stephen, this bug should be fixed in 1.0.6, anyway since you're testing
I'd ask you to do so with the upcoming 1.1.0 to help out smash bugs
before official release (expected on Wednesday).
See archives for mor info:
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2005-December/010342.html

--strk;

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /    Respect for low technology.
  X     Keep e-mail messages readable by any computer system.
 / \    Keep it ASCII.