[postgis-users] Re: ICONV support

strk strk at keybit.net
Mon Dec 19 01:31:57 PST 2005

Larry, I'm counting on your test! :)
The approach I've used is always check for libiconv first, and
if not found use libc, and if not supporting it, give up.

So, the only problem would be if one user *wants* to use
the glibc implementation when libiconv is installed
(ie: ignore libiconv). This is still possible by fiddling
with the Makefile.config (removing -liconv).

--strk;