[postgis-users] Need loader to build WITHOUT all the other stuff

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Dec 19 13:20:58 PST 2005

strk at refractions.net wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 03:32:30PM -0500, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>It would REALLY be great if I could get shp2pgsql to build all by
>>itself. I have a lot of systems that do not have postgres/postgis
>>installed on them but need to be able to load data into a remote
>>database. These are often not even the same arch as the database box.
>>
>>Is there any change of making this compile without having to download
>>and build the whole sheebang?
>

> You don't have to build the whole sheebang, but you do
> have to download it.

I was able to get shp2pgsql to build by editing the top of loader/Makefile

#include ../Makefile.config
USE_ICONV=1
USE_VERSION=74

Like so. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like it built ok and and
issues the Usage message. This may be good enough for now, otherwise,
I'll download postgres also and do it that way.

Thanks,
   -Steve