[postgis-users] PostGIS 1.1.0 Unexpected Changes

Randy How rhow at i3.com
Thu Dec 22 20:48:52 PST 2005

When I run this on the PostGIS 1.0.6 and PostGIS 1.1.0 I get a POLYGON
returned.

SELECT AsText(box3d(geom)) AS extent FROM (SELECT geometry AS geom FROM
coverage WHERE product_id = 9 ) AS foo;

We've been using a previous version of PostGIS (0.9) which returns a BBOX.
Is this expected?  Is there an Extent?  I saw that the Envelope returns a
POLYGON as well.  Has the BBox been depreciated?

Looking over the changes for previous versions I didn't see anything
mentioned.

Thanks,
Randy How
i-cubed