[postgis-users] Buggy transform() function in 1.0RC1 ?

RIBOT, Nicolas nicolas.ribot at astrium.eads.net
Wed Feb 2 06:46:12 PST 2005

Hello,

I've noticed an error when transforming from WGS84 to Lambert II Etendu
(SRID=27582) with the new postgis version.

The projected polygon presents a 2.33° East shift from the expected result.
This shift corresponds to the difference between Greenwich and the french
reference meridian.

the result was correct with previous Postgis versions.
I've seen that the spatial reference systems definitions have changed in the
new release.
the values for the Lambert II system seem to be correct.

Is it a Proj4 problem or something I don't do correctly ?

(I attach to this message a document summarizing the tests I did with both
Postgis and Jump. It contains system informations).

Thanx

Nicolas Ribot