[postgis-users] About Invalid OGC WKT Error

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Wed Feb 2 09:51:19 PST 2005

Hi, Tom,

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] schrieb:
> How does affect the MapServer connections to PostGIS?

To be honest, I don't know. That depends on which method MapServer uses
to access PostGIS. As I never used MapServer, I have no idea.

When using the JDBC classes, replacing the postgis.jar in the classpath
should be enough. Equally, any other toolkit should provide its update,
with noch changes to mapserver itsself.

When using OpenGIS methods (asText() or asBinary() etc.), no changes
should be necessary.

When using PostGIS specific, like "SELECT geom FROM table;" then
MapServer will need a new HexWKB parser or be changed to use OpenGIS
methods or the new asEWKT() PostGIS specific methods.

Markus
--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich