[postgis-users] About Invalid OGC WKT Error

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 07:16:56 PST 2005

Hi Tom,

(cut)

> > SELECT
> > asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(the_geom)),'NDR'),OID::text
> >  from service_endpoints WHERE the_geom &&
> > setSRID('BOX3D(-141.089 36.392987,-52.089 89.784987)'::BOX3D,
> > find_srid('','service_endpoints','the_geom') )
> >
> > Could you let us know whether this works for you?
> >

> This is my output:

(cut)

It looks like the PostGIS side is working correctly... Are you connecting to
your database using the same username as password as in your Mapserver
connection string?

A couple of other things to check are that if you are using a different
user, that the user has SELECT privileges on the table, and that TCP/IP
connections have been enabled in postgresql.conf (and IP addresses allowed
to connect in pg_hba.conf). I don't think many people have tried 1.0.0 with
Mapserver yet, so there is always the possibility that the new release may
cause the existing connector code to fail....

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd
South West Technology Centre