[postgis-users] About Invalid OGC WKT Error

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Thu Feb 3 07:28:23 PST 2005

> It looks like the PostGIS side is working correctly... Are
> you connecting to your database using the same username as
> password as in your Mapserver connection string?

Yup.  I'm using MapServer as a WMS/WFS.  MapServer is partly connecting
using the DescribeFeatureType request, which basically is the same as a
\d <tablename> in psql.  So if this was failing too, I'd be looking
deeper into connection issues.

> A couple of other things to check are that if you are using a
> different user, that the user has SELECT privileges on the
> table, and that TCP/IP connections have been enabled in
> postgresql.conf (and IP addresses allowed to connect in
> pg_hba.conf). I don't think many people have tried 1.0.0 with
> Mapserver yet, so there is always the possibility that the
> new release may cause the existing connector code to fail....

Yes, I have TCP/IP connections enabled, and am allowing local access
(the DB is on the same box as MapServer).