[postgis-users] Coordinate Transformation using the Longitude_Rotation math transform function

Bryce Watkins bwatkins.lists at ihug.co.nz
Sun Feb 13 23:58:54 PST 2005

Hi folks - has anyone tried this, and or am I even heading in the right
direction here?

The problem is that we have a dataset that has been longitude geometry
shifted by 160 degrees to get around the problem of trying to project
geometries either side of 180 degree longitude where they exist in the same
SRID.
We want to see this data in the correct format, so I have created an SRID
that uses a FITTED_CS and a PARAM_MT to try to compensate (as shown below).
I have gotten most of this info from the OpenGIS Implementation
Specification: Coordinate Transformation Services document on the OpenGIS
website.  However this doesn't appear to work and am wondering if somebody
can shed some light on the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Bryce.

srtext field in spatial_ref_sys:
FITTED_CS["FM_MOD", PARAM_MT["Longitude_Rotation", PARAMETER["dim", "2"],
PARAMETER["rotation", "160"]],
GEOGCS["GCS_NZGD_2000",DATUM["D_NZGD_2000",SPHEROID["GRS_1980",6378137,298.2
57222101]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],UNIT["Degree",0.017453292519943295]]]