[postgis-users] bugs in postgis-1.0RC2 with postgres 7.2.1

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Mon Feb 14 00:59:51 PST 2005

Alex, the diff is still too intermixed, if you can provide
smaller, single patches I'll check them out (each Makefile patch
still has references to the jar and doc work).

For the regression test scripts I don't like arbitrarily writing
to the caller's homedir. We can either use the /tmp/ dir or
require an argument to specify temporary directory. Also, we
could have a wrapper calling all three tests.

For the postgis_undef we probably need a different name as we did
with postgis.sql and lwpostgis.sql. Using the same name could
generate installations for which you have two enabler scripts
(for HWGEOM and LWGEOM) and a single disabler script (for unknown
version).

For the jdbc2 patch, DESTDIR is not defined:

/usr/src/postgresql/postgresql-8.0.0/config/install-sh: no destination specified.
make: *** [install] Error 1

For both jdbc and jdbc2 we might use multiple entries in the default
CLASSPATH, as I personally have postgreql.jar in /usr/share/java
(it's a woody) but not in the postgresql source tree..

I'm not sure about the best practice in this case: how much is the
jdbc driver bound to the specific postgresql version we are building
postgis against ?

--strk;