[postgis-users] Does PostGIS 1.0RC1/2 work with MS4W/Mapserver 4.4.1?

Mike Leahy mgleahy at fes.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Feb 14 06:28:58 PST 2005

Hello list,

I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to get Mapserver to draw maps with
PostGIS layers using the latest MS4W package with 1.0 RC1 or RC2 of PostGIS.
I'm having a bit of trouble...after updating PostGIS to the lastest version
available (via the windows installer), it seems that my Mapserver/Chameleon
application in my MS4W installation no longer likes PostGIS layers.  I have a
fairly simple table in PostGIS with POINT geometry that I imported using
shp2pgsql (the version supplied with the installer).  As far as I can tell, all
the data are valid...and Mapserver doesn't actually complain, it just draws a
blank layer instead of the points in the actual table.  The same identical table
imported into PostGIS 0.9.1 had no troubles with my MS4W application...I can
only guess where I've gone wrong.    Just to be sure, I set the extent in my
mapfile to the extents returned for the table from PostGIS, and the map still
appeared blank.

Can anyone recommend where I should look first to figure this out?

Thanks,
Mike