[postgis-users] postgis newbie AsSVG question

TECHER Jean David davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Tue Feb 15 00:32:37 PST 2005

Hi Sean,

I think when U use AsSVG function U have to know that for the 2nd argument
you asked :

 m -- Relative "Move To" command. Starts a new subpath at the given x,y
coordinate. If a moveto is followed by multiple pairs of coordinates, the
subsequent pairs are treated as implicit "Line To" commands.

M --  Absolute "Move To" command. Starts a new subpath at the given x,y
coordinate. If a moveto is followed by multiple pairs of coordinates, the
subsequent pairs are treated as implicit "Line To" commands.

l -- Relative "Line To" command. Draws a line from the current point to the
given x,y coordinate, which becomes the new current point. A number of
coordinate pairs can be specified to draw a polyline.

L -- Absolute "Line To" command. Draws a line from the current point to the
given x,y coordinate, which becomes the new current point. A number of
coordinate pairs can be specified to draw a polyline.

h -- Relative "Horizontal Line To" command. Draws a line from the current
point (cpx, cpy) to (x, cpy). Multiple values can be provided.HAbsolute
"Horizontal Line To" command. Draws a line from the current point (cpx, cpy)
to (x, cpy).

v -- Relative "Vertical Line To" command. Draws a line from the current
point (cpx, cpy) to (cpx, y). Multiple values can be provided.VAbsolute
"Vertical Line To" command. Draws a line from the current point (cpx, cpy)
to (cpx, y).

z -- Relative "Closepath" command. Causes an automatic straight line to be
drawn from the current point to the initial point of the current subpath.

Z --  Absolute "Closepath" command. Causes an automatic straight line to be
drawn from the current point to the initial point of the current subpath.
TECHER Jean David
Responsable Informatique 01MAP
e-mail: davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Bureau: 04 67 45 60 27
Portable: 06 85 37 36 75
site perso : http://techer.pascal.free.fr/postgis/
site pro: http://www.01map.com/download/
K-S:"The greatest trick the devil pulled off was convincing people he didn't
exist"