[postgis-users] postgresql8.0 and postgis1.0.0

TECHER Jean David davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 16 06:32:52 PST 2005

On December (2004), we'received an similar mail...U could try to do this:

One way

In a SQL file (example toto.sql), writes this...That will help U to
enumerate only your tables
not postgis function

select 'pg_dump -h your_old_server_adress -p 5432 -U
your_old_user_name -c -O -t ' || tablename || '  your_database >> dump .sql
'
from pg_tables  where
 (tablename not like 'pg_%')
and (tablename not like 'sql_%')
(tablename not like 'spatial_ref_sys_%')

then do

psql -d your_database -f  foo.sql  > dump.sh
./dump.sh
dropdb your_database
createdb your_database
createlang plpgsql your_database
psql -d your_database  -f  $PGHOME/share/lwpostgis.sql
psql -d your_database  -f  $PGHOME/share/spatial_ref_sys.sql
psql -d your_database  -f dump.sql

TECHER Jean David
Responsable Informatique 01MAP
e-mail: davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Bureau: 04 67 45 60 27
Portable: 06 85 37 36 75
site perso : http://techer.pascal.free.fr/postgis/
site pro: http://www.01map.com/download/
K-S:"The greatest trick the devil pulled off was convincing people he didn't
exist"