[postgis-users] Possible issue with Geos on PostgreSQL8.0NativeWindows

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 03:25:53 PST 2005

(cut)

> > I'm using PostGIS as provided by PostgreSQL 8.0.0 RC5:
> >
> > dcmms=# select geosnoop('POLYGON((0 0, 1 1,0 0))');
> > server closed the connection unexpectedly
> >         This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> >         before or while processing the request.
> >
> > What does the "correct" output look like?
>
> No, it looks like this:
>
> strk=# select '130', geosnoop('POLYGON((0 0, 1 1, 0 0))');
> NOTICE:  IllegalArgumentException: Number of points must be 0 or >3
> ERROR:  POSTGIS2GEOS conversion failed
> strk=#
>
> --strk;

Hi guys,

OK, I just downloaded and installed PostgreSQL 8.0 RC5 but didn't install
the version of PostGIS that came with it - instead I used the latest
installer from http://www.webbased.co.uk/mca/ (PostGIS 0.9.0-ish, GEOS
2.0.1, PROJ 4.4.8):

dcmms=# select geosnoop('POLYGON((0 0, 1 1, 0 0))');
NOTICE:  IllegalArgumentException: Number of points must be 0 or >3
ERROR:  Couldnt convert the postgis geometry to GEOS!
dcmms=#

So looks ok here.... Perhaps I missed some detail in the compilation
somewhere? Can anyone else recreate this?

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd
South West Technology Centre