[postgis-users] lwgeom wkb output slower in 1.0 RC1

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue Jan 18 00:11:29 PST 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 08:22:10PM +0100, Aleksander Bandelj wrote:
> WKB output in 1.0 RC1 is several times slower than in 0.9. Problem seems
> to be the function WKBFromLWGEOM (used in AsBinary), which first
> serializes lwgeom to hex string and then parses the string instead of
> writing out WKB directly. Are there any plans to optimize this for 1.0.0
> release ?

That's a known problem. Note that also slowing down are a couple
of calls to make it OGC *strict* (force 2d and drop SRID).
I think we should speed them up before 1.0.0

--strk;

For standing up against patentability of software,

  Thank You, Poland!

Read the intervention:    http://kwiki.ffii.org/ConsPolon041221En
Send your thanks:         thankyoupoland.info
Read/do more:		  http://www.noepatents.org/