[postgis-users] Small oversights in PostGIS 1.0 RC1 and migration help

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Wed Jan 26 08:14:54 PST 2005

Hi, Gino,

Gino Lucrezi schrieb:

> Obviously, in an existing DB, I can't just drop the table and recreate it according to the newest spatial_ref_sys.sql file, because there are constraints forbidding it; is there any simple way to do it?

Play the data into a temporary new table, and then do a "BEGIN; delete
from spatial_ref_sys; insert into spatial_ref_sys select * from
temp_table; commit" with delayed constraints checking.

Maybe you can also make use of the dump_split script I posted to psql
mailing list some days ago, I also attached it to this message. It
separates schema and tables into different files, so you can still edit
the schema by hand even on large volume databases and restore single tables.

HTH,
Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich