[postgis-users] MapServer and PostGIS 1 RC1 and RC2

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Thu Jan 27 06:57:58 PST 2005

Hi, strk,

strk at refractions.net schrieb:

>>Strk, do you think it would be
>>worth including the output of "uname" in postgis_full_version() so it is
>>possible to distinguish between different platform builds?
>
> A postgis_lib_build_platform() maybe... but would uname be
> available on all platforms ?

At least, there's a Posix uname() system call (man 3 uname), so it
should be present on most unixoid platforms, at least on those that
pretend to be posix conform. Maybe we would need some #ifdef to call
some alternative code or a fake stub on Win32 and other platforms, if
they do not provide uname().

I'm afraid we will get platform dependend code here, so I suggest that
we create a default #ifdef branch that simply returns "unknown" (and
maybe issues a compile-time warning) so we don't get any hard compiler
errors on unknown platforms.

Have a nice day,
Markus
--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich