Res: Re: [postgis-users] How to drop a PostGIS table ?

Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha ezequias at recife.pe.gov.br
Tue Jul 12 11:39:29 PDT 2005

Thank you Nicolas.

-------Mensagem original-------

De: Nicolas Ribot
Data: 07/12/05 14:40:56
Para: PostGIS Users Discussion
Assunto: Re: [postgis-users] How to drop a PostGIS table ?

>  Hello,
>
> I would like how to drop a PostGIS table on Postgresql.
>
> Does anyone knows how to drop it and all the relations on the tables
spatial_ref_sys" and "geometry_columns"

Hi Ezequias,

There is a function that does the trick (as stated in the documentation) :

"DropGeometryTable([<schema_name>], <table_name>)

    Drops a table and all its references in geometry_columns. Note:
uses current_schema() on schema-aware pgsql installations if schema is
not provided."

Nicolas