[postgis-users] possible to pg_dump postgis 1.0 table, restore to postgis 0.9 database?

Jeff Hoffmann jeff at propertykey.com
Wed Jul 13 10:23:48 PDT 2005

What's the easiest way to copy a postgis version 1.0 table to a server
that only has postgis 0.9 installed?  If they were both 0.9, I could do
a dump/restore with pg_dump, but the dump format for geometry columns is
different in the new version of postgis so I can't do that.  Is the only
other option going through a shape file with pgsql2shp/shp2pgsql?  Or is
there a way to get pg_dump to dump geometry columns as WKT?

--
Jeff Hoffmann
jeff at propertykey.com