[postgis-users] postgis performance

Nicolas Ribot nicky666 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 13:25:48 PDT 2005

> Hi,thanks for your answer.
> I know about the String operations performance and i had it in my mind to change the code
> using StringBuffer but i dont think this will totally solve my problem.
> Currently, when i run the servlet for 2 multipolygons it takes about 5 minutes to create the xml!

Hello
Can't you track down the problem by trying to measure the time taken
by each atomic operation (query, polygon building, etc.) ?
You will then be able to see where the bottleneck is.

You could also try to get geometries in their binary format, which is
much faster to retrieve (WKB4J could help you in this task).

Nicolas