[postgis-users] MakePoint/GeometryFromText core dump

Vortex vortex25 at gmx.de
Sun May 1 13:38:22 PDT 2005

Chris LaReau <lareau at korora.com> wrote:

> My problem: I just upgraded to postgresql-8.0.2, postgis-1.0.0,
> geos-2.1.1, proj-4.4.9, and my old applications seem to be working
> fine on my Fedora Core 3 / gcc 3.4.3 laptop. Then I built and ran
> everything on our Red Hat 7.1 / gcc 2.96 server (the first time ever
> running PostGIS or even PostgreSQL on this box, so I have no history
> with it for comparison), and the MakePoint() / GeometryFromText()
> functions cause postgres to dump core.
I had similar problems using gcc 3.0.x with this functions. After
an update to 3.5.x everything works well. But i recompiled all the geos/proj
stuff as well. I would expect the problem there instead of
postgis itself. But i don't really know.

Good Luck!

Klaus

" WWW:   http://db0fhn.efi.fh-nuernberg.de/~dg1nav?vo
" EMAIL: vortex25 at gmx.de