[postgis-users] The patch for macosx compilation

Gérald Fenoy djayweb at djayux.net
Thu May 12 07:27:28 PDT 2005

	Hi folks,
	regarding Sandro query concerning (the best OS ever seen) MacOS X,
I've made the tests. I was not able to compile it, so I've made some
changes in the configure.in file and the lwgeom/Makefile to add the
proper compilation options.

	Don't realy know what  to say about this patch ... except maybe my
disapointment to see that the documentation is not optional and the
patch don't modify that.
	So for macosx users you'll need to install docbook or (as I've done)
to edit the Makefile to erase all the documentations references (in the
potsgis-1.99.99.ebuild we do the same - removing all the documentation
generation if no doc flags in USE variable was found - but it's not
directly visible by the user).
	Does anyone can make doc generation as an optional feature please
(something like --with-doc maybe, if you want me and david can do this
... just tell us ;) ) ?

	To conclude, you could use the patch I've made for the macosx version
of postgis. But please be indulgent with me, indeed I've made as quick
as I can, so you (could  maybe/must ?) change the syntaxe I've used to
a better one .

	Have a nice day.

	Cordialy.