[postgis-users] query question (probably pitifully simple)

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Nov 2 06:48:02 PST 2005

Yes.   I'm assuming you have a station id or equivalent in both tables that
you will be joining by?

There are two ways that come to mind

1) CREATE a view where you do the join and register that view point in the
geometry_columns table.  This is good if it's a join you do commonly or is
fairly complex - that way you don't have to repeat it in all your map files.
Then you just use the view as you would any other table.

2) Do the join directly in mapserver which is well documented here
http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#id2512615