[postgis-users] postgis-mapserver-limitations

Jürgen Mischker juergen.mischker at boku.ac.at
Tue Nov 15 03:04:21 PST 2005

I keep a  MULTILINESTRING layer with 561 polylines. does not sound very much, but the polylines a pretty long. the longest on has 19975 points, so takes a while loading the data into qgis. when I try to render this data with mapserver, I got a white image(gif) and no error message (like some timeout...).

does somebody knows the limitations of this system, or has some tuning tips, ...
Cheers, Jürgen

DDI Jürgen Mischker
Insitut f. Vermessung, Fernerkundung und Landinformation,
Universität für Bodenkultur, BOKU, Wien
Institute of Surveying, Remote Sensing and Land Information.
University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Science, Vienna.
Tel.: +43 1 47654-5132
Fax.: +43 1 47654-5142
email: jmischker at boku.ac.at