[postgis-users] Linux versions?

Joe Healy joe at omc-international.com.au
Sun Nov 20 15:40:54 PST 2005

Darryl Watson wrote:
> Currently, I have PostGIS and PostgreSQL installed on a Windows
> server, which is annoying, because there are no command line utilities
> available.
I am not sure what you mean by command line utilities, but we tend to
get by on windows with those from the installer (just choose not to
install the db cluster, then set the path to point at the bin directory)
and other tools like python. If you mean other command line tools such
as awk, sed etc. maybe you should look at cygwin.

Hope this helps,

Joe