[postgis-users] Overlap Queries - speed

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 05:13:08 PDT 2005

Hi Robert,

As per Amilcar's suggestion, if you would like to try explicitly adding
bounding boxes to your geometries in order to see if that makes a
difference, you should do:

UPDATE bmp_multiseg SET the_geom = addBBOX(the_geom);
UPDATE p5lrsegs SET the_geom = addBBOX(the_geom);
VACUUM FULL bmp_multiseg;
VACUUM FULL p5lrsegs;
VACUUM ANALYZE;

Then try your query again and see how long it takes in comparison.

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd
South West Technology Centre