[postgis-users] Overlap Queries - speed

rb rburghol at chesapeakebay.net
Tue Oct 4 06:25:55 PDT 2005

OK,
So as far as I can tell the boundary boxes have already been added by
default with my tables. I had already entered the bbox commands given by
Mark, however, and the query is now running (after vacuuming full and
analyzing of course). We are at 30 minutes and counting. My guess thus
far is that if they already had their bounding boxes, I am going to be
no better off, although I certainly appreciate the efforts.

I am going to retry without the intersection and area2d components, to
see what that yields, and will report the results back to the list.

r.b.