[postgis-users] Well Known Text format for lat/lon coordinates

Josh.Zeckser at jeppesen.com Josh.Zeckser at jeppesen.com
Tue Oct 11 18:01:35 PDT 2005

Hello,

        I was wondering if someone could help me. I've been searching the
web for information about 'Well Known Text' format for coordinates, but
can't find anything that answers my question.

        The question is:

        I have several polygons I would like to create in the database,
consisting of latitude/longitude coordinates. Would I enter a point as:
(latitude longitude) or (longitude latitude)?

Josh Zeckser
Data Development Technician
Nobeltec
josh.zeckser at jeppesen.com
503.419.5036

Have you heard about the new Nobeltec InSight Sounder? Visit
www.nobeltec.com/Products/prod_sounder.asp to learn more.