[postgis-users] Adding TOWGS84

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 18 08:42:03 PDT 2005

On 10/18/05, P.Rizzi Ag.Mobilità Ambiente <paolo.rizzi at ama-mi.it> wrote:
> I'm not really an expert on this so maybe there was a reason if these
> parameters were left out
> from the spatial_ref_sys table???

Paolo,

The scripts that build WKT definitions from the EPSG databases attempt
to populate towgs84 entries but will fail to do so under various
circumstances.  The most common reason for failure to populate a datum
shift is that there are more than one available going to WGS84 for a
given datum. Since I can't know which is best, I just ignore them all.

Clearly this will need to be revisited at some point.

Best regards,