[postgis-users] SRS WKT >>> srid?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Oct 18 20:35:40 PDT 2005

Generally, with some simple string comparisons and your eyes.

No, it's not very efficient, but it is the standard, so it's not
going anywhere.  If you need a nice normalized source of CRS
information, the EPSG database from which our spatial_ref_sys
contents are derived is the place to go.  Just google EPSG.

Paul