[postgis-users] error with overlay and disjoint

Emilia Venturato venturato at faunalia.it
Tue Oct 18 23:15:04 PDT 2005

Hi all.
Concerning my previous mail, I found the problem: it did not lay in the number
of records.
Two the_geom have been made with GeomUnion function from adjoining shapes; the
resulting shapes are multipolygon with internal divisions, and overlay gives
an error with this kind of shapes.
Unfortunately, I did not find a command which removes the internal divisions
(of course a workaround is to export it and edit it, but I would like to find
a cleaner solution).
All the best.

--
(Emi)Lia Venturato