[postgis-users] error with overlay and disjoint

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Wed Oct 19 03:22:15 PDT 2005

Emilia, these error are usually due to invalid geometries:

	# select gid,isvalid(the_geom) from poligoni_geomunion;
	NOTICE:  Self-intersection
	NOTICE:  Self-intersection
	 gid | isvalid
	 217 | f
	 219 | f
	(2 rows)

Have the geoms been produced by a call to geomunion (as the
name suggests) ? In this case it would help finding out the
original geometries as the bug is there.

--strk;