[postgis-users] beginner questions re. SRID

christomec christo at mecola.com
Fri Oct 21 07:34:19 PDT 2005

I didn't bother setting my SRID when creating my tables. I thought I'd
leave it for later, when I better understand this whole projection thing.

Do you mean to say that having all my SRID's as -1 influences my query
performance.  I mainly make use of  the following type of queries.

PreparedStatement cadasteQuery = conn.prepareStatement(
                    "SELECT ((('<path id=\"'::text ||
cadastre.erf_number::text) || '\" d=\"'::text) ||
assvg(intersection(cadastre.the_geom,
expand(GeomFromText(?,-1), ?)), 0, 6)) ||
'z\"/>'::text AS path " +
                    "FROM cadastre "+
                    "WHERE the_geom && Expand(GeomFromText(?,-1),?) "+
                    "AND Distance(GeomFromText(?,-1),the_geom) < ?;");