[postgis-users] test tools

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Tue Oct 25 04:48:27 PDT 2005

Hi, Christomec,

christomec wrote:
> Are there any tools available for visually testing my queries?
>
> I thought that qgis would do the trick but is seems that you can only add
> a where clause. I need to be able to run my custom queries to see exactly
> what I query especially with functions like intersection.

Maybe Thuban or uDIG do what you want.

Another trick may be to create a view for your query, and add a fake
geometry_columns entry for it. This way, the most GIS tools can display
arbitrarily complex queries like a simple table.

(Maybe you need to expose or fake a OID column for some of those tools,
and write support is a more complicated work using SQL Rules, but we've
done this inhouse already.)

HTH,
Markus