[postgis-users] MySQL->PostGIS

david techer davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 6 09:14:16 PDT 2005

U're right...I've just talk about people who did the personaly choice to
migrate!

But I've always been happy to see someone to make or to try migrating
from mysql to postgis :-)

It could be benefic...I think!

I've never said that there is magic solution to migrate from mysql to
postgis...Unfortunately!

Since june 2003, I worked with PostGIS and it became my favorite tool...

As  one of my friend is used to tolding me: "The Dark Side of GIS'
tools, it is PostGIS...!"

But since june 2003, I worked with PostGIS...I've never used mysql in
all docs I did until now!

That's the reason why I made the personnal  and political choice to
eject mysql from my computer.

Regards.

David